Tuesday, December 14, 2010

TO THE MOON AND BACK


I woke up 3am today just because I slept early. I always love waiting for the sunrise to come, how it colors the cloud after a dark starry night. Since its December, night time is longer than day.

I stayed at my veranda and waited for the color burst

5:15
5:30
5:45

My patience is letting me down, besides it is cold outside and the coat I’m wearing does not suffice the heavy blows of the yuletide air. I went back inside and lie down on my bed for a while, blank thoughts. Minutes passed and I remembered  indeed I am just passing time.

Suddenly, fear creep in and I had a short conversation with myself.

“Do you really wanna see the sunrise, Sweet?”
“ Is it better to wish that all days be filled with stars and a smiling moon?”
“Sunrise would mean another day and you have no choice but to face it again. Are you sure about that?”

I don’t have to answer back, my feet just started to move and I found myself outside standing on a chair taking a picture of another magnificent day. That was 5:55 am

Then I remembered the moon.

I miss Luna, most especially when it’s full. The amazing beauty and the eccentric joy it brings to my heart but I just had this idea about the new moon, or perhaps a crescent one – half illuminated by the sun, just like the way it shined last night. 

I just learned that crescent came from the Latin verb “crescere”   meaning “ to grow”,  I would love to see the moon grow, the period when it’s doing its best to get all the sun it needs. The imperative period before it reaches the full moon, I can just stay at my veranda – no, not to waste my time – but join the crescent moon in waiting as the sun illuminates it fully.

Moon and Sun, they’re equally stunning, equally significant.


 written 12.13.10

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...