Thursday, December 16, 2010

Shining light







Go for whatever makes you happy.

I have always been a believer of this line. I love telling this to my friends who are in the brink of something, either they are contemplating on a decision at work, home or relationships.

Then it hit me.

Uttering this line is easy, but being on the situation itself is not, you know why? Sometimes our happiness is not the happiness of another person. Hard to swallow but wait until you digest it.

I have 2 ghetto friends who have been together for 10 years as sweethearts, they even moved to Singapore together. The girl eventually became very uber possessive and clingy whereas the boy is the typical chick boy. The boy, every time he goes back to the Philippines, would tell me horror stories – not those of  ghosts and spirits- but stories how gaga his girlfriend could be. How he wanted to break up with her so she can stand on her own feet, but she would threaten her own life if he would dare leave her. Learning about this, I effortlessly agreed with the boy  to finally leave her because I know he is no longer happy and I also want her girlfriend – also a  friend of mine, to learn her lessons well so she can be independent.

Two years have passed and nothing changed. They are still together, until early this year at last I heard the news that they broke up. The boy went back in the Philippines (and I am not surprised that he instantly got himself a brand new girlfriend) and the miserable girl was left in Singapore – for the love of God, she is still alive.

These two seek for happiness, one walked away and obtained it, the other was left behind and was wretched.  
I never felt the guilt that in a way or another I was part of their separation, besides I just spoke the truth.
Find your happiness!

Then yes it hit my head like a solid  rock

Recently some of my happiness was taken away; I never questioned God, but I questioned the Universe. I thought it was on my side I followed the wooden sign saying : “Hey, this is happiness” and walked the path and opened the gate.  Unfortunately I wasn’t welcome and they have to send me home. I howled like a child but no one seems to hear me. My happiness was not necessarily their happiness. So how can we justify that? That’s the idea that is hard to guzzle.

Same thing goes when we pray for something. How can we compete with God? Like in a match, let’s say boxing. Both competitors would pray really hard that they take home the title but only one will definitely be declared as a winner, and that winner takes it all. Do I need more “Our Fathers”, or maybe I have to visit the better church, wake up earlier from everybody else and pray the rosary,  visit India and learn the essence of silent prayers? I can but  I don’t think any of these would work... if it is not really meant for us.

Yes, FAITH is important, but not all prayers are answered YET if we are not ready, if we deserve something much better. We might just have been blinded by the sham light and so, WE must be the LIGHT itself.

Go get your happiness, and just in case people or situation demurs and rejects you. Breathe in and breathe out then continue the journey, find a new path. You don’t need to explain to anyone, just believe that one day you’ll finally reach your destination.

Be happy,

Blueberry Girl


images from sayingimages.com

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...