Wednesday, December 15, 2010

DO YOU WANT A REFUND?


I was having this conversation with a friend, musings creep in.

Have you ever wanted something, for example a Ferrari. You are blown away by it, wanted it so much. It is beautiful, fast, top of the line, you work hard for it but when you got it you realize you are not the right driver, you get uncomfortable and then you want to give it back, a refund maybe, and you want something more comfortable?

As a therapy 2 years ago, I bought a DSLR and named her Peaches. I always loved taking pictures. I was ecstatic when I got it,  I suddenly wanted to be a professional photographer. I bought lenses and I take good care of it more than I take good care of my house. But sometimes I find it heavy, too much a burden to bring to parties and just rely on my friends who would tag me on Facebook and so Peaches will just be on one corner of my room waiting for weeks or even months before I carry and use her again.

Sometimes I would like to think that it is OK to do the same thing to humans. But being  the highest specie on earth we don’t deserve to be treated that way. If these things would have feelings, what would they think of us.

This gave me a new light.

If we have the money to buy all the luxury, all the things we want then perhaps collecting these items and letting them accumulate dust would be OK. Go on and test drive a car, purchase the most expensive bags, the latest gadgets. Nothing will stop us.  But when it comes to us humans, we cant ask for a refund to the investment we give away perhaps to relationships - friends and lovers included. It will always be a risk. Do everything in your power to let them stay, no regrets. LOVE but make sure you love yourself first, this is one of the best deal you can invest in.  But if amidst the joy you feel, something might just get wrong  even if you think it’s almost perfect, along the way people will realize they are not the right driver, and they just don’t want you around anymore. Fret, cry, experience the pain and cry again as loud as you can but then stop at a certain point. You had enough. Don’t waste anymore time. Pray for healing. Next time you cry it should be tears of joy.

You don’t have to ask for refund. As a friend would say, if you broke your arm on three different places, there’s no need to return to these places anymore.  And as Prince Caspian would say: “… been busy thinking about what was taken away… it’s time  to think about what was given.” 

Thank you Lani, Mavel and Rose for your wisdom

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...