Monday, December 13, 2010

formaldehyde


When I was in college taking up Biology, we were required to dissect a frog and a cat. To be able to preserve it while we study its anatomy we need formaldehyde. The frog should be drowned in formalin ( the more layman's term) and the cat should be injected with it's formula, occasional spray and wiping of the chemical onto its body is also vital.

I thought of using formaldehyde in the fleeting, ephemeral beautiful moments in my life. I can't think of a better way to preserve it, something that may last forever. But then again reality bites, people around me would say, the norm and the "sane" would definitely agree, that it is NOT possible. What would be the criteria for sanity or insanity? I guess we are all insane in our personal ways - the world is not just ready for it.

And so I am pouring the formaldehyde unto the greatest moments in my life, those very exact moments that I felt happy or sad. I cannot share this formula to the people I love, because this is not their choice, as I always say - I'm not good at forcing other people to do things I would like them to do. I would like to drown in it's chemical composition at my own risk, you see formalin, at larger amount is hazardous to our health. Perhaps, I would know when to stop.

In a few, I will be cleaning my crib, so many clutters to let go, oh yes.. letting go - another thing I'm not good at but will surely do so I can have more space in my room. The coming days will be busy, it's the holiday season you know,  I may not know when would I be able to share my thoughts again with you.

Merry Christmas and definitely  a Happy New Year everyone!

In Love,
Sweet

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...