Monday, December 20, 2010

Ready, Fire, Aim



My wedding hosting resumes today after several days of sulking – it was a perfect timing! And yes, life moves on my friends, so whether we like it or not just be like a flowing river. Since I am a commuter I have to take the MRT. I was appalled to see the heavy rain outside, I just thought “ Thank goodness, heaven is in accord  with me”. As I reach the MRT stairs I saw some people avoiding a particular area. It was too late for me to realize that the strong wind collaborated with the rain bringing its strong mist inside the MRT pavement.

WHOOSH!

In a span of 3 seconds I am in the middle of it all, as if a leading actress in a storm scene movie, treading the unknown and exchanging blows with the hurricane. I came out drenched with rain water as if I have bath again (sad face). It ruined my blow dried hair, left my dress with rain dust streaks and my umbrella (Hearty) helpless.



I wasn’t prepared. I had it coming but I neglected the signs thus it didn’t come in handy for me. I am like a little chicken unsheltered, soaked in the rain, waiting for a rescue.

Then my light bulb flickered. I believe we should always be prepared; we might not know when is the next challenge would arrive but never think of yourself as a VICTIM, because the moment you do, your value will slowly die down, your thoughts will be poisoned and your heart will deteriorate. Sometimes we might forget we are armed, just like me when I hadn’t had the chance to take Hearty out from my bag to shield myself from the rain. If in any case we are helpless and we are in no way in control of what’s happening, at the end we always have a choice to see it in a positive or negative note. Hold in your arms the lessons, and hold in your palms the hope of a brighter sky even if you know that another potential rain fall is just around  the corner

originally written on December 16, 2010

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pinilit talagang Inglish-in ang "basang sisiw" hahaha!

"little chicken unsheltered, soaked in the rain"

haha Panalo!

jepoy

Blueberry Girl said...

naisip ko pa nga chick-let eh LOL
Happy Birthday :P

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...