Thursday, December 16, 2010

Astral Voyage

I just had a dream.

I don’t know if I have to categorize it as an awful one or something that I really wanted to happen in real life.
In my dream, I am going back to Marinduque, and I have to catch the last vessel. Suddenly someone called my name, the sweetest bawl I could ever hear. I turned around and saw the traveler’s face. I can’t believe whom I just saw; I must be really dreaming – level 3.

He was in a hurry, tears falling heavily on his face. I want to wipe it away but it seems those tears were so far away. It was visible to the eyes yet invisible to the hands.  He pronounced the most excellent words I would like to hear and I found myself weeping in joy. He wanted to join me on my voyage back to paradise.
But wait, he needs to acquire his ticket first! He told me to wait for him as he gets one. He dissolved in the crowd as I wait patiently.

Hours, days, years? I don’t know how long I waited. I am aware this is a dream so things are kinda blurry. There I was still waiting for his return until the sound of my alarm awakened my senses. I never usually wakes up with one alarm clock, it should be at least three but what in the hell is happening? I am being pulled back to reality. I can see myself dissolving out of the dream, my feet first then my legs, my arms. I am struggling and I believe I heard myself said “ WAIT, he hasn’t come back yet!” but no one seems to listen. I am coming back up to reality.
Darkness. Then I saw the ceiling, tears running down my face. I closed my eyes, really hard. I have this ability of going back in my dreams where I last left. Minutes passed but I can now hear the sound of the bell – the school in front of my home is now open. I can hear some birds saying their morning tweets, the wings of the fan moving faster. Damn it! I can’t go back. I feel so helpless.

I was tired. Really tired.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...