Sunday, January 16, 2011

When I was a kid

“Do you remember when you were a kid
and you thought you could do anything?
You still can…”
When I was a kid and an elder would ask what I want to be when I grow up I would answer “I want to be a doctor!". I have no idea where it came from but I guess that's what I usually saw on TV during the 80's (blame it to Little Ms. Philippines in Eat Bulaga) and most of my classmates would even say the same thing or perhaps they would want to be a dentist, lawyer, manager ( I wasn't even aware there are different types of manager back then)  or a noble teacher, some would dreamed of being an actor/actress ( Ang TV was very influential you knowl!)
Come college (and I am not so sure if I attended our career week in high school) I took up BS Biology  as my pre-med,  but as I was exposed to  different kinds of people and joined a list of organizations my Doctor Dream seems to fall apart. For one, I love to write and lead people ( high school classmates despised  me when I directed Noli Mi Tangere :P), I have a passion for dancing and  I also love Arts and Literature and a lot more things outside a science course . So I boldly declared to everyone that I'm not pursuing Medicine anymore after graduation. I wanted CommArts, MassCom or maybe a more specific course that will make use of my right brain.  But a series of events did not led me to my dream course, a "course redirection" happened instead. I took up BS Nursing and mind you, finished it, took the boards and glued an RN at the end of my name.
Where am I today? You bet! I neither practiced being a Biologist or a Nurse. I chose to discover something that will really make me happy ( I thought my ‘rents moola was overflowing so I ended spending 7 years of serious studying and costly tuition fees, sorry Dad) but never did I regret in doing so and just  ignoring what a bunch of negative people would say.
Now, after working my a** off and trying to trek the  corporate ladder  for 3 years (imagine how excited I was  to receive my first paycheck at the tender age of 25!) I finally waved goodbye last December 2010 and jumping up and down on my way of being an Entrepreneur.
Entrepreneurship? What again? Does this word exist in the 80’s when I was trying to decide the route of my future? Maybe it was but I never heard of it ( or was I absent at my class?). Never did I heard one little beauty contestant said " Paglaki ko, gusto kong maging entrepreneur!" way back my younger years. I can’t remember it was even taught by my teachers; instead we were prepared for the cycle of the 9AM-5PM work or the on-call duty of most prestige professionals like well, doctors.
Now, I am proud to say I am on with People Business – building relationships that last for many years.  I am an entrepreneur and dreaming of making a lil bit difference in my own little way. So let me share with you this remarkable  video I stumbled upon You Tube (where else?!) and motivated me or let's say an affirmation that I am on the right track.
“…. Remember when you were a kid, when everything was within your reach, and then say to yourself quietly, but with DETERMINATION: IT STILL IS”
                                                                                         


Maybe you are  saying this is not your calling and you have your own passion  but it wont kill you if you try  being an entrepreneur,  it is always been about your compelling WHY :)  
Soar like an eagle and find that one thing that can make you say  "It is all worth it!" 


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...