Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Always the wedding host, but for once the bachelorette?

recounting memories from December 16, 2010

I had a crazy wedding event today. ( For those who are unaware, I am a wedding host ^_^)

I love it when family and friends are very participative and quick to respond. I can see happy faces and I can hear laughter all around. So I said to myself, “ This is going to be a memorable night.” The power of words…
.
We had a feast, dinner was served.

Afterwards, the part of the program most single men and women dreaded to participate finally arrived. I don’t know why, they just gonna enjoy right? That’s my thought as a wedding  host but yes I WOULD NEVER , OVER MY GORGEOUS BODY join that game if ever I were a guest ( which don’t normally happens these days). I would probably pretend as a centerpiece or hide under the table or walk out of the hall the moment I sense “danger”.   Anyway, just a brief history, back on the day when I first met my wedding couple, they specified that they wanted a conspiracy, to set-up 2 particular people. I was cool with that, excited even!

 On the day of the wedding, I was informed that the single lady to be set-up with the guy was not around so I told the bride to let fate decide who the lucky bachelorette is! The power of words again...

I dealt first with the gentlemen.  I immediately declared  the winning bachelor as he finished the game last. “Our plan is running smoothly!” I said to myself or so I thought. Now, the girls…I suddenly hear the guests shouting,  “ Panalo na yung emcee!” or something like that. My eyes tweaked, come on you gotta be kidding, right? But I saw the bride asks the single ladies to go back to their seats. I was tempted to whisper curses. The crowd’s plea is getting louder and louder, and my protest gets stronger and stronger. Honestly, I wanna cry like a child at that point. This shouldn’t be happening. One of the Ninongs took the microphone from my hand, told me he will take care of the hosting job so I can attend to my duty as the bachelorette of the evening.

Argghh, what else can I do and the rest was history. Let alone these pictures tell the rest...

huhuhu

hindi naman obvious na nababaliw na ako diba?

oh Lord, helffff!!!

nakaw na halik :_( 

umiiyak na ata ako

tsk tsk

victim :_( 


I was really nervous, that was the first time I “won”or should I say APPOINTED?! to play the singles game. I was never been kissed by a stranger and never turned (flaming) red  as I did that night.  On one side, I know I made everyone extra happy (huhuhu).  As of this writing, I already revised my contract and stipulated that I am immune to this kind of thing already. :P

Nevertheless, the bachelor was gentleman enough J The whole “crazy” clan actually was great. Uncles, Aunties, cousins, sister-in-laws etc were all happy people. So happy they even invited me for a post- wedding party few hours after the event. Oh, I was fetched by no other than the bachelor, from my Christmas party
( san ka pa diba? Hahaha) and when we arrived at  BHS, I saw a long table in TGIF with at least 30 people 
( relatives of my bride) and the same people who were cheering during the game. *facepalm*

I had a warm welcome. How warm? “ Welcome to the family Sweet!” They even had a banner prepared for me! This is crazy, in a good way of course. I enjoyed the company of these new friends, I was comfortable, too comfy I ordered Mojito while the rest had Iced Tea ( well some had beers). :P

It’s been a crazy night. A crazy wedding. A crazy group of people. I never thought crazy could be this good. Thanks to the Arevalo/Javier Clan.   Thank you Dave and Che, Thank you Patrick :) Till we all meet again
errrr.. souvenir T_T

how sweet ayt? :P 


  

5 comments:

Clarice said...

hahahaha!!! :)

Blueberry Girl said...

huhuhuhu :P

Gracie G. said...

There's always a first time for everything, Sweet! :) All for good fun! :)

Newlyweds said...

wahahhaa sweet, super ganda ka naman kasi. at least now nasa contract na..hahha..

Blueberry Girl said...

@Gracie, yeah first and last na sana hahaha
@newlyweds, nakuuuuu, uy guys miss you! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...