Wednesday, January 5, 2011

30B430 update : #25 CAST THE SPELLS!


#25 Another solo backpacking trip

After the exhilarating trip in Marinduque ( I still owe pictures and stories.. eto na ginagawa na) part of my 30B430 list is another solo backpacking trip this year. I’m thinking of a place to go – should you ask how I ended choosing Marinduque last year (click here), this time around I will not utilize the magic bowl but instead trust the recommendation of friends and colleagues. So what made me decide where to go?

I met a wedding couple ( I’m a wedding host by the way) few months back and they were telling me their love story, the bride suddenly mentioned one of their trips. “We had a vacation in SIQUIJOR!”, she blurted out. I was appalled by her statement…”Sorry, where again?!” I clarified.  

Yes, it was Siquijor ( I can see the letters coming from her mouth!), seeing her sparkling eyes and animated story telling, I told myself I might be missing something.  Blame it to the corny tagalong horror movies, I grew up with these uncanny stories about the place( no offense to the locals, come on you know what  Regal Films can do to a child’s mind!). 

As I was harassing my brain to think of a unique place to go, the conversation with this couple swiftly came back. I Googled a few tidings and impressive blogs about the island, it is seemingly interesting and they are all telling that it’s a beauty!

So it’s time. This will tremendously separate the girl I was to the woman I am today Stop the baloney and let me bewitched by SIQUIJOR! I have a long way to go – to study my spells and magic or maybe ready my heart to meet the Cullens.. hehehe Im set to go on October 4-7, 2011 (seat sale do you hear me?)! Can’t wait to strike-through #25 on my list! Im done with PROJECT HEART, it's time for PROJECT BEWITCHED! See Im uberly excited, I even made a banner :P

2 comments:

Pinoy Boy Journals said...

I'll be posting more entries on Siquijor as days pass by. You will absolutely love it there! I realized so many things even in a short span of time. And all the hustle and bustle of urban living, gone! i spent the rest of my days doing absolutely nothing and communing with mother nature. It all made the difference!

Blueberry Girl said...

wohoot! can't wait for those posts :).."communing with mother nature.." <- i needed that too :) Thanks PBJ for your inspiring journals! Keep the fire burnin'

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...