Saturday, January 1, 2011

before MMX - a decade of Love, Faith and Hope

credit :http://zoewiezo.deviantart.com



I can’t disregard a certain fact that it’s been over a decade already. The first 11 years of the millennium, now I can really say that time flies fast! So before I say thank you and share with you my fabulous 2010 (that would be a different article I’ll post*wink*), I would like to share first  a decade of rock star experience!


2000
-       I was a freshman in college, adjusting to the urban life that Manila brings, so many funny and dumb stories to tell
-       I am officially 18 – an adult as they say (gifts include a box of Lucky me pancit canton and the OVA Samurai X, yeah boy)

2001 
-       Youth For Christ played a very important role in my life, I started a personal relationship with God
-        I was addicted to dancing, got wonderful friends at the dance group I was in

2002

-       I finally saw my dad after 12 years that he was away, I was also able to meet my 2 other gwapo younger brothers Nazh and Andre
-       My first mission trip : Tuguegarao
-       I used my passion for dancing to serve God ( Excelsis, was it this year that our group was formed, scattered brain mode)

2003
-       I finished BS Biology with flying colours 
-       I entered Single for Christ, meet beautiful people in the community
-       I boldly took another course – BS Nursing
-       GORGEOUS HOUSEHOLD was formed
-        I started hosting events and weddings
2004

-       I started blogging - no, I was addicted in blogging
-       SANGGRES were born
-       it was year of poetry and music for me

       2005
-       up close and personal meriendacena with Gary V
-       memorable activities with my SFC family
-       Second mission trip – Gawad kalinga building houses in Nueva Ecija
-       one of the grandest reunion/ Christmas vacation of the Casuyon Empire
-       first time I set my foot on the pristine sand of Boracay


       2006 
-       I moved to Quezon City after living in manila for almost 7 years
-       I spent my birthday in Baguio at the SFC icon with my BIG SFC family
-       graduated and passed the board but was a victim of the leakage issue 
-       a great getaway in Batangas, unplanned but one of the best  I taught ballet to little kids, thank you to Dance Plus
-     G-UNIT
-       I got in on my first  job at the age of 24

 2007 
-       I had my first ever  hip-hop recital when I joined SOUL GROOVE in UP ( Mama, Prince and Lani watched it! yey)
-       GIRLFRIENDS, oh these angels – a deeper friendship was establishedMy first Mindanao Trip
-       Watched Kobe Bryant live in Ultra ^^
-       I resigned from my first work and got a real job in Makati then resigned again and got a better job in Quezon City
-       I excelled on areas I have no freakin idea about ( sorry for boasting hehehe)
-       I adopted Brando
-       My US petition was cancelled ( that was a relief! – hope my dad’s not reading this)
-       I signed up for a Facebook account ( hahaha)

2008 
                
-       I hosted a wedding in Bolinao,Pangasinan -the farthest so far
-       A memorable Princess diaries in Miriam College ( talk about trippin on stage while wearing a fabulous yellow gown)            Welcomed Peaches ( my first DSLR)
-       I was able to wear small size clothes *ROFL*





2009
-       My business venture and the amazing friends I have in Synergy
-       Moved to the best apartment ever, so far ( ala Jandi ^^)
-       Was part of Ate Love’s beautiful wedding
-       I got to travel around the Philippines, I was away for almost a month – you know ala jetsetter (hihihi) thank you to my former job (Aparri, Tuguegarao,Ilocos Sur ( Vigan, Bangi etc), Ilocos Norte, ThunderBird in La Union,
Palawan,Mindoro,Cebu, Lanao Del Norte,Cagayan, Iloilo, Tacloban, Iloilo, Bacolod etc.)

-------

Hmmm the pages of this blog would not suffice all the memories I had the past 10 years, of course it was also bittersweet sometimes but these are the memories that I just left behind. If you are my friend you would know that it kills me to carry a small bag, it should almost always a big bag that contains all the necessary stuff, even on travels I would bring at least 3 bags but it would contain just and only the important and worth bringing ( i swear!) things I have.Excess baggage is a no no.  

I moved to 4 different places in a decade, met new people, reunion with good old folks, witnessed birthdays, weddings and the arrival of cute babies of my friends,  lost and found again, watched a bunch of movies and koreanovelas, hosted hundreds of weddings, listened to different music, fell in love a couple of times, cried a bucket of tears, laughed countless times, prayed hard, embraced silence, accepted changes, forgave and asked for forgiveness , gave and received love.  I watched myself grow into the woman I am today and though I misses a lot of the simple things I had before I recognize that there’s still a vast and maybe incalculable experiences and learning ahead of me.

Thank you family and friends it was indeed a rockstar decade for me.

And just like any book or any good movie, there is an end to everything. So I welcomed 2010 with the hope of growing a few inches more. Have I achieved that goal? That’s what im gonna share with you next ^^ 



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...