Thursday, January 27, 2011

SIXTH SENSE


It’s just another run of the mill Wednesday when I saw an odd bottle inside my old tote bag while looking for some stuff. I knew instantly that I have to veer away for it tremendously connotes danger. “Ahhh..the power of our senses” I thought.

 You know that feeling when you smell a particular scent and you instantaneously warps into a different dimension, let’s say, your past memories ( and really reliving it!)? I’ve been an expert through the years, and I should say Im either a masochist or I’m just  harebrained in doing such thing.

The air is heavy with their scent, a constant reminder of the first bloom you gave me
I have a choice whether to ignore the specimen or mug my fear, I chose the latter (I always do). So I picked it up, examined the bottle with my hands and clasped it for a moment before I unhurriedly opened the cap.  It’s funny how I challenge myself with these kinds of things.  I even entered into a conversation with myself first, “Are you sure you are ready? Don’t blame me of what might happen next, OK?” I warned myself. “Pfftt, this is nothing, I know I can handle it!” I disproof, and then started to move the bottle towards my nose, closed my eyes and welcomed a familiar ground. Ola! I dissolved in the whiff.

To my surprise, there’s no twitching of the heart and not even single cholesterol clogged the path. I was anticipating a teardrop, a frown or maybe even a wail but I just kept my eyes close and all I can remember are happy recollections. “Shame on you!” my ego growled but I just smiled.

I wanna give myself a pat on the shoulders. See, having short-term memory loss probably has its advantages after all. In the next few days, I may deliberately seek for those old scents that I almost forgot, it is a minimal reminder that may keep my feet on the ground and a constant keepsake for whatever I had in the past is the result of who I am today. And Im lovin’ it!  

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...