Monday, May 5, 2008

double cheesecake day

I just started to sip my cup of tea at Coffee Bean, my feet seems really tired so I took off my shoes first as I sat on this couch. It feels soooo good!

It's first day of the week so there are really a lot things to do at work. I have 2 meetings scheduled today at Edsa Shang hotel. After all i need to accomplish at the office I ready myself to travel my way to our meeting place. 3 pm I am sitting a the Lobby Lounge. As I browse thorough the menu I spotted the Halo-halo but my boss ordered it already so instead, I rewarded my self with double cheesecake! (74298$%#@! calories...)

So here's my fare share of story today. Remember I was bickering about my stress - with zillion of reasons why? I am thankful because I am still blessed. I actually met with our partner client to talk about an upcoming event. She is the Marketing Head of the company we work with on this project. I believe she is at the epitome of her career, she is in the business for so many many years already. Honestly I admire her, I can really sense how good she is in her field. I hope to be like her someday when it comes to her abilities in the marketing field.

But just when I thought she have everything, I realized its not an assurance that everything else will be in your direction all the time. She shared her story about her family and I can really see in her eyes the pain she's going through. I suddenly thought about the petty things I used to complain and it is nothing compared to the stories I have witnessed that afternoon.

This is not just about the "successful woman" i told you about, it is making me think twice before I complain with the small bad things that I should not be paying attention to. There are lot more that I should focus on and be thankful with like the time I wake up in the morning, the I love yous that I receive everyday, the work I have and even the smiles I receive from other people. These and many small things that can make a big difference in my life each day. Just like the double cheesecake I ordered that afternoon. More double cheesecakes to come!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...