Monday, April 19, 2010

Il Mio Primo Amore : My First Love

It was surreal.

The stage lights started to dim and as I watch the spotlight look for her, I realized that she will be doing this again after a long time. The music starts to fill the air and she begins with her routine.

Avant.
Piroutte.
Arabesque.

These are just few of the steps she executes to the rhythm of the song. She smiles, grasps her breath, moves her body and all these touches her soul.

It is a 4-minute dance routine, 4 minutes of incomparable pleasure to finally DANCE AGAIN.

This is her FIRST LOVE.

Releve.
Grand Jete.
Sissone pas de chat.

She’s down to her last steps….finishes with Chainne poses with arms lifted up and whispers a simple prayer of thanksgiving.

As the main worship takes over, she fades into the background. No one might remember her, but it does not bother her at all because she knows it is something priceless, majestic even, to dance for the Giver of talents. She is just average but you can sense her passion- that makes the difference.

Reverance.

I watch her walks towards me , we clasp hands and in unison we say;

“Indescribable, and yes this is MY FIRST LOVE!”


Dance routine song : Indescribable by Chris Tomlin - one of my favorite Christian songs in this lifetime :)


4 comments:

Levy Madrigal said...

how i wish i can do the same to praise God...to dance again for Him...to worship Him through dance is really indescribable!

as i watched you dance, i felt very envious and at the same time i felt very proud of you. You danced great, Sweet! I'm sure God was smiling down on you.

sweet casuyon said...

Ate Levy! It was nice seeing you there. Thanks! Sabi ni God happy din sya to see you with your wonderful family :) you'll be able to dance again one way or another or malay mo ang babies mo ang susunod sa iyong mga yapak ^_^ See yah around!

amor garcia said...

i just stopped by, u may not know me but I honor you for using your skills and talents for His glory. I am a handicap person, who cannot do the same but in my heart finds joy in seeing other people do it. nice video too love it. god bless you

sweet casuyon said...

@Amorg08, Thank You for that instant inspiration to pursue my passion :) God bless You!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...