Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Luna

I just can’t keep my eyes off her.


Sometimes we forget the little things that calm us down and tonight I remember one.

A friend of mine sent me a message the other day, never thought he would know Luna too. My friend said Luna was almost full and it’s a clear night sky. I could tell, I was outside my humble home in Batangas , taking pleasure in the wind that touches my hair and when I looked up, there she was peaceful as ever.

Tonight, is another wonder. She’s back and now staring boldly at me. I was quite uncomfortable at first knowing I’m just a modest creature in her vision. I planned to stay a couple of minutes outside just to be aware of her presence, prowl in her beauty and marvel in her brilliance. She illuminates my gloomy night. She made me remember to dream again. Just like how she affects the tidal waves, her pure reflection affects my sentiment. Oh yes, in old folk stories people gone mad when the moon is full; I say count me in!. I do not become a shape shifter or a beautiful vampire thirsty for blood but I seem to go on trance.

Tonight, I stared at her longer than usual not realizing that my tear ducts started producing salty water. I blinked..1..2..3 and snuffle a deep one and put down my elbows on the concrete surface of my veranda and just like in  most old Disney movies – a princess in the window of her castle , I started to have a conversation with Luna. I could almost imagine my feet touching her ground even  floating in all directions. I asked her questions, those that I don’t know the answers. Questions that linger in my wits every single day, those that put me into sleep most of the nights but still waking up clueless . Now, I’m waiting for her response, just like a little girl anticipating for her piece of sunshine. Maybe I’m waiting for that whisper from her Creator, the One that really kept me alive all these years of my life. The One whom I owe whatever simple joys I’m experiencing every day. I waited and still can’t hear her, but I could sense her gaze towards me. I suddenly imagined a lightning path connecting us, just like a scene from a favorite cartoon show I used to watched, I decided to close my eyes  as I witness the patches of clouds passing right in front of  her and then I murmured... “Give me hope!”

Tonight was a  brief moment but it was special and I began to hope again and pray that someone on the other side of the universe is also looking at her, awed in her beauty and majesty and perhaps saying his own simple prayers.

I once dreamed  of landing in the moon. That occasion may never come to reality but I would look forward of seeing her every night in the coming days, shining brightly in her own rights and hopefully side by side with Rey and Evangeline.

She is not a supernova, but a damsel of faith, trust and pixie dust! Now, I know I can fly.

She is Luna.


(According to astronomers,  stargazers will have a chance to see the last of this year’s exceptional blue moon phenomenon, Tuesday - March 30, 2010.)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...