Monday, August 4, 2008

a fresh start

8.3.8

I am fond of having my own journal (more popular as a “diary” then) ever since I was in grade school but I don’t know where to start and I am afraid someone else would find and read about it specially my mom. Come high school and “organizer” has become a fad. I finally decided to write my life story, inscribing it on my first “organizer” that mom bought from Expressions ( a popular bookstore in our province before when NBS is nowhere to be found). It became more of a visual journal rather than paragraphs of what I’ve been through from day to day. I loved my English class and even loved making poems and stories more when I took the Elective class in third year high school. I can still picture my “terror” English teacher with gigantic eye glasses, encouraging us to express ourselves in writing and so I did! I was very happy when my Dad bought me a Mead organizer from the states, the leather cover is good and the paper quality is even better! That inspired me to continue writing using my favorite ball point pen.

When I reach college, I continue to note down my experiences, though it has not been as serious before, maybe because of a busy schedule. I have to study you knaw!  After a while, I suddenly stop writing, I can’t remember when, maybe third year or early fourth year college. I just don’t know why, perhaps I was busier than ever. After I graduated from college, Internet continues to boom and by 2004 I registered my first blog but barely updated it. I got my first Starbucks organizer in 2006 and began to put pen to paper one more time. After I set up my first blog few years ago, I have put up more than one but never maintained an official blog, from blogspot, wordpress, livejournal, multiply, xanga, friendster, blah blah blah… I am not really comfortable with the idea than my friends and family might be reading my day to day experience…hehehe…I attempted to formally start blogging again on days like my birthday, Christmas, New Year, first day of the month etc. but I fall short. 

But this morning, I read that having a journal is like having a Soul Spa. It is a form of listening to one self, to our emotions, and that’s exactly what I need! And so at this very moment I am starting one of my passions again. I don’t just blog because it’s a vogue… but because I know it will help me grow more each day. We all wanted better days for our lives and through this blog I will relive that pocketful of sunshine that I once dream of.

Journal is like having a Soul Spa. It is a form of listening to one self, to our emotions, and that’s exactly what I need! And so at this very moment I am starting one of my passions again. I don’t just blog because it’s a vogue… but because I know it will help me grow more each day. We all wanted better days for our lives and through this blog I will relive that pocketful of sunshine that I once dream of.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...