Friday, August 15, 2008

magnet

8.14.8 / 7:46 PM

My feet brought me to North Park for dinner. Lately, I am not feeling good because of my cough, cold and slight fever but I needed to be alone for dinner to release my stress from work (whoops…I am usually alone during dinner….) and good food to couple my sentimental moment. I sipped my house tea while waiting for my Noodle Soup – Whole Wheat with Wanton. The other table adjacent to me caught my attention; they are demonstrating something by pushing a man about 50 years of age. From my eavesdropping skill with few glances on the side, I learned they are showing the wonders of a certain magnet. It could make you stronger for a period of time, athletes use it, semi-paralyzed muscles can move and a lot more magnet stories…the person leading the group said that since our body is composed of 75% water (he wasn’t sure about it at first, thinking it might be just 50%..hehehe) and the rest is blood - the red liquid that has an iron component which increases with the present of the magnet. Hmmm… not that I don’t believe them, my mom actually has one of those magnet thing that a nun gave her at our local church, I can’t just help butsee myself looking for a “magnet” in my life .
I am really frustrated with my performance at work today, yesterday, the day before yesterday and maybe for the past few months already. One day I am doing the best then I’ll fall the next day doing things badly. I can’t even imagine the Sweet I am seeing right now. I don’t blame my bosses and I can’t even blame the work I was assigned to do. But sometimes, inevitable circumstances can happen and when I am in the middle of it I would feel that it is my responsibility, lest it is my mistake. I would blame myself, dwell on my emotion and never move on and patch things up. I wish I have a magnet that can take away all the bad feelings, something that can just pull out the negative vibes that retain when I feel guilty, and a ginormous magnet that will just attract happy thoughts and help me move forward and prove that I am capable of learning from the blunder I committed.

I wish I do have that magnet but I don’t … well at the end of the day it is God who becomes my source of magnetized energy, hope and love. From Him I draw my strength for the next pocketful of sunshine when I wake. Tomorrow will be a new day and I need to carry that “magnet” with me at work so I can be very productive! Go Sweet Go!

So I scoop the remaining soup from my bowl, paid my bill and finished this blog.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...