Saturday, August 30, 2008

100% Twilighter


A Twilighter : ( twahy-lahyt-er), noun
              - An overly obsessed fan of the Twilight Saga


 

I have never been this addicted! But yeah, Edward Cullen is my drug! My personal miracle. There's too much about the Twilight Saga that made me and I believe millions of other "Cullens wanna be" out there, so hooked with it's story.


I usually see the books displayed on leading bookstores' special areas. Of course, it's a New York Times Best Selling Series..duh! And I wasn't aware of that until I decided to grab a copy of Breaking Dawn ( I was curious with the poster in Powerbooks Megamall " The waiting is over" - and I simply asked.." what is it about this book that readers are waiting for?!" Am I missing something here? A fad I am unaware of? YES! YES! YES! I did missed that! ) But it's history now because eversince I started reading the Saga..it change the way I eat, breath and live..sorry if I am exaggerating but really. trust me...it is unexplainable.

August 17, 2008, Sunday afternoon  - I bought Twilight at Natl Bookstore Trinoma. The cliche? Once you pop..you can't stop! I finished the book Monday afternoon.





August 18, 2008, Monday ( holiday) evening - I grabbed the sequel -New Moon at the same bookstore , I tried to purchase it from Powerbooks but obviously it's SOLD OUT! I finished reading it Tuesday afternoon.




August 19, 2008, Tuesday ( still holiday) evening, I got my reserved Breaking Dawn from Powerbooks Trinoma. I wanna make sure I will have the last book on hand when it's time. But I am having problems with Eclipse..almost all bookstores and its outlets said that the book is only available on hardbound for now. Arrghh...I wanna bite some human that time..Sorry..I just got to carried away wanting to be a vampire...you know. Anyway, I  had the E-book of Eclipse as an alternative because I can't live one more day without setting my eyes on the story again. I tried to read it but I get bored easily because of the set-up. Well, I have to read on the wide screen of my laptop and that made me seriously sick! I can't read Eclipse if I will go the the powder room, if I ride the PUJ or the MRT, when I am on another place waiting for a late friend and so on and so forth. So It took me all the effort to find my "real" Eclipse book and oh bloody hell I found a paperback copy at Fullybooked Rockwell last August 21! Hurray..from then on, I read it even when I am lying on bed and never have to worry that my laptop would drop into my face when I fall asleep!

I finished Eclipse, Saturday morning- August  23, 2008 leaving the Breaking Dawn the last but definitely an anticipated sequel.  

All in all,it just took me a week to finish the Twilight Saga and mind you, I really read each and every word from the book. I never skipped or missed a page feeling afraid that I might overlook on some great scenes.

August 24, 2008- my mind is floating in thin air, I suddenly wanted to be a vampire.. be a Cullen vampire specifically and look for an Edward that I know never exists. This Saga really gave a weird effect on my sanity.

Now I find myself browsing through almost every You tube I come across to, Google-ling  for all possible and best sources of Twilight Saga updates and products like shirts and button pins, trailers of the upcoming movie on November 2008 ( I have to watch the premiere! I won't last another day) and any other tidbits as long as it is related with the Saga. Sharing insights with co-twilighters like Nina, Thea, Mia  and Trina and encouraging other friends to join the coven like Maan, Joan, Love, Gracie and Lani and oh so many other friends who are missing a vampire romantic story in their lives and joining every single forum and groups /coven that felt the same way I did when I finished reading the story.
 

The Twilight Saga is  a force I can't escape, an addiction that is unstoppable, a new hope for love and a love that will make you believe it will last forever...a surrender to be Edward's lamb... An Isabella Swan in my own personal way! This is so not me but I am lovin' it. Truly, Stephanie Meyer did a marvelous job writing such Saga.

  How about you? Are you a Twilighter?

  I am and 100%. : )
-


 




12 comments:

Azel . said...

I'm also a 100% twilighter ;p

camille ramos said...

sweet! naku! I have all 3 books sa bahay nila Mike, I left in when we came here! alam mo ba last dec sinuyod namin yung manila to find new moon and eclipse after I have read twilight? kasi nabitin ako? anyway, breaking dawn naman is the first book i bought here in SG, syempre, pina reserve ko pa yun sa bookstore so I wont miss the copy. :) hardbound pa book ko sa kela mike.

sweet casuyon said...

waaahh!!! Coolness Eyzel! Let's watch the movie ha!

sweet casuyon said...

waaah camille... well pag nagkikita kita lang naman kami nina Nina, The and Mia eh yan ang pinaguusapan namin. Si Anne namamayat na din kakahanap..May official shirts ba jan like the headshot i have like now? Si Nina addict! nagpagawa ng sarili but so cute.. TEAM EDWARD! hahaha...*kilig* You read the first part draft of Midnight SUn na?

camille ramos said...

yup, oo, hay naku, alam mo ba namention ko na yan sa inyo dati pa! mga november pa! wala pumapansin sakin. hehe. Oo nabasa ko na yan, lahat ng site nila sinusundan ko...hehe. Si nina lang nakinig sa recommendation ko.. haha! merun pa isa, eto sure ako na kilig din esp may movie na ren...trust me. TIME TRAVELLERS WIFE (must read din).

Azel . said...

sure sure! i hope the movie will give justice to the book ;p hehehe!

sweet casuyon said...

dapat lang noh.. uh! can't wait napanood ko na lahat ng existing trailer pati spoof .. hahaha...

princess theapot said...

mygosh...twilighters unite!

Azel . said...

sweet and theapot are soooooooooooo addict! hahaha! ;p

princess theapot said...

hay azel belat sayo! bwahahahaha! yah....sooooooo addict talaga!

sweet casuyon said...

Denial Queen! hahaha...addict ka din Eyzel! hahaha .. we all are!

sweet casuyon said...

Denial Queen! hahaha...addict ka din Eyzel! hahaha .. we all are!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...