Monday, May 30, 2005

THE ORANGE TREE


I opened a box full of memories and started to look for a not too old familiar picture of a tree. As a flipped the last few photos I found what I am looking for.


 


I took this  a year ago in an island northwestern of the Philippines. I was really amazed by its beauty. It is very uncommon for me to see such kind. (I finished BS Biology before I entered another course, I should have known what it is called..unfortunately some fluids got stocked up into the spaces of my brain, and sadly I cannot recall its specie ) so I hurriedly went under its arms and as I reached its trunk I can sense the oldness of it. Perhaps it has been a witness of many events including wars even to the love between couples unto the bondage of friendships, who in a way, these people, stayed under the tree to rest and temporarily hide their shadows from the sun. I didn’t not deprived myself of experiencing the same feeling, thus I sat under it and enjoyed that precious moment of mine like a child, as I observed, the branches soar high and the leaves were really green that succumb to its Orange flowers. It almost covered the entire branches that I decided to name it the “Orange tree” indeed .That is peculiar to me, but that what’s attracted my attention. Afraid of never seeing the same tree again, I told myself I will really have a photograph of it, At least I can have it in my memory and how it made me joyful that very moment. And so I did.


 


 A year has passed.. I never thought of the Orange tree again and how it made me felt wonderful that day early morning of the 16th of May.


Such feeling was unexplainable that I ended up changing the lines of the song..


 


Some day, when I'm awfully low,

When the world is cold,

I will feel a glow just thinking of the Orange Tree

And the way it looked that day.

 

(funny huh?!)

 


 


…then I was traveling my way home this summer of 2005. After a long and winding road, looking through the windows of the vehicle I am riding. It pulled over for a while and with much surprised my eyes caught a familiar tree…wide branches soaring high, green leaves overlapping the domineering Orange flowers and I remembered a lady who once sat on a same tree, laughing and watching the nature’s beauty around it.


 


It made me smile.


 


It’s not a forgetful memory after all. How it made me felt good, how it reached the depth of my soul by simply being an odd tree. I may not go to the same place again or even if, never get the same chance of seeing the same green leaves succumb to the orange flowers again. But the memories of it will stay.


 


On that piece of heaven.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...