Friday, May 13, 2005

SWEET ELEKTRA


Status connection: No Dial tone


Status connection: Connection cannot be established


 


It was a Monday…and I wondered….what’s goin on with my internet connection?


I stood up, exerted some energy to pull my computer and  I looked at my internet cord.


Hmm…What could be wrong?! There you go…grrr…those cute little doggies….broke into my room and had that special taste on my cord – the result….I cannot enter the world of “www” ..ssheessh! That’s too bad… my day would never be the same without blogging and stuffs..but I have to stay cool (goosfraba..) Ok, I’ll buy another one on Sunday (a week?! That’s the only free time I got that time) and Sunday came, paid a few bucks to Handyman and I went home so excited.. at last i’ll be back to business! To my surprise, my internet connection still won’t work. CRAP! I later found out that the line I bought a while ago wasn’t functioning at all. I started to loose my  temper….fine!


 


“God, what is it that you want…why now? Why me?”


 


And I decided to let my “electrician” side work. I saw it with my uncles and I once watched it in sineskwela and we even had a project of something like it in school.


 


All I have to do was to discard the broken parts of the cord and connect the remaining parts all over again...and I started to explore. While peeling off the edges of the cord I saw 4 colors (Black, Yellow,red and Green) and my senses just kept on telling me that I just have to expose the wires and re-connect the same colors, do some twisting and whala! I have a new remake internet cord ( it tooked me 1200 midnight to 4 am to do that..hehehe..its a bit hard., the wires are so small that it kept on breaking..)


 


What do I do next? Of course, test my master piece! I placed one side of the cord to the phone and the other side to the connecting cable on the wall..tada..i heard the dial tone!


I considered myself a genius that time! Ha! Ha! And so I tried it too with my computer and it worked! So here I am again..blogging.


 


*Sometimes when things got broken, we just have to mend it, don’t go abruptly for a new one, but don’t just sit there and wait for a fairy to fix things for you… time..we need time..plan very carefully, take the leap and you’ll see things on a different angle..perhaps not that perfect but still worth it…and you’ll tell yourself… i have done my part. Great, it worked out”


 


Fixing my internet cord….lessons learned.


 


 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...