Tuesday, August 17, 2010

A Beautiful Tunnel



It is a common notion that most tunnels signify entrapment or imprisonment.  It may also suggest predicament that needs some enlightenment ( weird how I used words with "ment" LOL). In simple analogy a tunnel may mean, to most people, an adversity. Maybe that is why they usually say “there’s a light at the end of the tunnel”. 

But there is this unique tunnel I have discovered recently, a tunnel very near my abode. It used to be plain, dull and lifeless but just like spring it transformed into a haven.  Every morning a smile automatically emits from my lips every time I pass through it. Sometimes I would stop and lean on the tunnel’s wall, close my eyes for a few seconds and linger my fingers into the cold paint and feel the good aura it emanates. Something marvelous might have happened here; as if a good soul was left behind, I could even hear the heartbeats at times.
Ah yes! A beautiful and crazy tunnel, peculiarly I don’t wanna see the light at the end of it but stay just right there in the middle of the darkness and perhaps melt away or burst into small particles so I can infiltrate every memory it has witnessed. 

This beautiful tunnel.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...