Monday, April 18, 2011

Where is Canada?


I  love my country - The Philippines. I always will.

 Just a lil slice of history, I actually gave up  the US Embassy  terminated my pending US petition ( well due to non-appearance at an interview hahaha -OK I can explain that!) and that really made my dad frustrated and sad since he is living in Los Angeles for like 20 years and expected me to join him there. I even finished 2 college degrees  and currently ( with an expired license though and to hell with the long lines during renewal :P) a registered nurse but  it  never again crossed my mind  to pursue  a related job abroad.

All because I dreamt of growing old here in the Philippines, I even believe I can get filthy rich even if I do not leave the country  - we have equal opportunities- we just need to find the right vehicle and I am so relieved to have found mine.

But things happen. I realized we can just control our life to a certain extent...in my case, love knocked and I let it in ( cheesy isnt it? hehehe ) and my neatly piled plans came crashing down on my face.So what's the deal? Where is this crap blog leading to? hahaha...I just stumbled upon two fascinating information about a place I never imagined that could possibly be my second home ( Sorry Singapore it's not you anymore)

Where?
*drumroll please- give me some Justin Bieber or Celine Dion song* 

VANCOUVER, BRITISH COLUMBIA, CANADA  - at the Lower Mainland to be exact

Hmmmm....It never interest me before you know but it is pretty amazing that this country is really something worth considering since I read two articles about it. Let's go check this out :

1. TOP 1 - WORLD'S MOST LIVABLE CITIES 2011 ( click here for the article)

Based on a combination of environment, health care, culture and infrastructure, Vancouver topped the list of the world's most liveable cities for the fifth straight year, according to a new report

Vancouver, BC Canada courtesy of Getty images
cityscape courtesy of vancouver.ca
2. TOP 1 - WORLD'S FRIENDLIEST COUNTRY 2011 is still CANADA
( needs some proof? here you go) - seriously I was looking for the Philippines on the top 10 list but I was unsuccessful.

---
So, most livable and friendliest country ... what else should I consider? A lot! But at least these two are decision boosters already :)

More interesting facts include the beautiful cherry blossoms during Spring - As one popular quote says : "There is no stranger under the cherry tree" - Issa. 
courtesy of www.vcbf.ca ( Vancouver Cherry Blossom Festival)
Citizens are being encouraged to use bicycles for Vancouver's Greenest city initiative - great, I never learned to ride a bike! *loser* but maybe this is the opportunity I needed *harhar*. Another thing,  my distribution  business is global so I can still continue it there. Oh and yes, traffic is not that bad on this side of the world!  hehehe...

Hmmm... now I am starting to appreciate things related to this country :) Besides it is a natural beauty and cosmopolitan flair rolled into one! A yoga near the ocean or at Stanley Park wouldn't do any harm.

I guess I have few more things left on my  tick box.

I always love change. Change is good. Hey, I wont be leaving for Canada yet ( a vacation next year would be great) but yes I will continue to pray wherever God will lead me, one thing is for sure.. I will surely go where my heart  is.

I might need to get used of being called a Vancouverites, start cheering for Canucks but errr I will still be a Lakers Fan :P



Share a sunshine,
Sweet

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Sweet, you never fail to amaze me. Doesn't just love make you do crazy things? I agree with you, though. Go where your heart's contentment lies...Canada's a wonderful place as I've heard:)

101 Things Before You Die said...

It's on my list to live in a place you love...although that's becoming more and more obvious that it's here, my hometown, the place I thought I'd always escape from.

Blueberry Girl said...

@butchie, weeehh yeah *blush* It never crossed my mind to leave town until now hahaha,you should visit me there ayt? ^_^
@jessica, my dear isn't it a wonder, how life came to be? hihihi let' continue to reach for our dreams! *thumbs up*

Things to Do said...

I hear Vancouver is amazingly gorgeous! I've been wanting to go there for a couple of years. Good luck!!!

Blueberry Girl said...

@Things to do, thank you dear.. you have a very inspiring blog too! ^_^ well, hope we will see each other in Vancouver! hahahaha

loveavenue said...

Lovely Blog! :D

che said...

wow parang gusto ko na din mag canada hehehe

ålêng said...

Vancouver is soooo nice and pretty according to my friends who visited BC last July 4th! too bad we didn't make the trip. let me know when if you're coming somewhere near Chicago, I'd love to meet up and show you around! ;)

Pinoy Boy Journals said...

with all the right reasons, i think God has lead you to where you should be. Cheers and hope you have the best time there. Praying everything will be fine once you step foot there.

Anonymous said...

hello fellow blogger! nice blog! (:

what kind of distribution business do you have? is it really global?

will come back here for your reply. i'm really interested. (:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...