Sunday, June 20, 2010

From your Cinderella



Never really had the privilege to be with my Dad, he was- of course for a valid reason - away from us. I was not fortunate enough to have a Dad who walks with me  on every recognition or graduation in school (elementary, high school and yes even college), attend PTA meetings, scold me for going home late or plainly a father to cuddle in the sofa while watching NBA. But then again, he is the BEST DAD for me ( only one I have ^_^) and I would not exchange him for some billionaire popsy around (ok, lemme think about that again..hahaha).

2002, he came to visit PI after 12 years . Well, he looks pretty much  the same from the last time I saw him, waving goodbye at the airport in the year 1990.Then there was the year 2005, a 3-week vacation during Christmas.;A one week short trip last 2007 and then again an unplanned visit for a week to be with my Grandma last week (June 2010). Apart from the few crows feet that appeared around his eyes, he laughs and jokes around just the same. Performing antics in front of the Casuyon empire, indeed...the "Red Ford White" of our family. Just a bit of math - technically I have spent more or less just 60 days with him since he left when I was 8 y/o. The weird part-- as if he was with me all along (cheering me on, a pat on the back, a casual father - I told you so lines, no. 1 detective when it comes to my love life and the list goes on...) yes, there are "what ifs" and "could have been" moments, but that is so distant past. I could have been bitter and ruined my life for the opportunities he missed but I'm so damn proud to have him as my Dad : ) He may have never been present in the colorful and dull moments of my life - physically, yet I know he always pray for his children and wish us well. He is one of my inspirations and one day I will just give him a call and say " You go back here for good..I just got you a plane ticket !"

So much for the drama... but Dad seriously, our sincerest Thank you. In behalf of my 3 handsome siblings - your Cinderella says her deepest gratitude and that you have always been a great great Dad. God is so good He knows what's best for us and gave you as the coolest dad ever! Couldn't have a place here on earth without you.

Now go.. you still have an adventure to live! Happy Dad's day

P.S.

You know what? We gonna dance to this song when your most awaited day in my life comes :) Will you win the bet? ^_^



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...