Friday, June 4, 2010

Fire Tree

It first caught my attention when i was in Corregidor - the year was May 2005. It was my first time in that historic place and yet it was this tree that occupied my memory. I was fascinated how a tree could illuminate such fiery color :) and it made me smile. I remembered sitting under this tree ( yeah baby, just like in Sassy Girl) and I felt a certain sense of serenity as if the tree was radiating its happy vibrations to me. From then on, it became a personal favorite ^_^

I thought I'll force myself to go back to Corregidor so see such lovely tree again but I was amazed to know that it also growing in the Metro (how pathetic could I get ayt?). It's weird I didn't recognized the tree before....

Oh well , year after year, every summer I would see one, two or three of those trees around. On my way to the office passing by QC circle, to happy place Tagaytay or some random places... I would say " Oh that lovely tree..what is it called again?" - for 5 years I never really bothered looking for its real name - come to think of it I am or was a Biologist. Therefore, I made up my own term... alas, Im gonna call you...the orange tree :P

Indeed, it was a very striking sight!

This year, I've seen more than three of this tree ( emphasis on "H" please) ! When I run in UP, when I go to Bulacan,to Tagaytay of course and just recently (yesterday) in our neighborhood in Batangas ( trust me it's not there before.. how could that happen?!) I was ecstatic to see one so I grabbed Peaches and took a picture of it, next thing I knew I was demanding my mom to plant one in our backyard - good luck, I might be 80ish by the time it really really grows that tall *sob*

And oh yeah, it was just last Monday that I really knew it's (real) name, thank you to a friend who was wise enough to know what I'm trying to describe in between our chocolate bites. "Fire Tree.." Ahhhh... music to my ears.. finally, a real name! As if I've been waiting for that name all my life!

Maybe the reason why I really love it is that it reminds me of Spring ( a season we don't have here in PI), the flamboyant red blossoms telling me it's a brand new day, be happy..be merry..coz Im fiery :) Be on FIRE every time,be passionate in what you REALLY REALLY wanna do in life. Be decisive in want you really dreamed of. Follow your bliss.I am Red and I am Flaming!

Thank you Mr.Fire Tree, till next summer :)

---------

Some Facts :

Name  : Royal Poinciana or Flamboyant tree
It is an ornamental tree, sometimes called Flame Tree
Family : Fabaceae family
Species:Delonix Regia
Philippe de Longvilliers de Poincy intrduced tha plant in America

1 comment:

Joy Aranas said...

Also my favorite :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...