Thursday, February 24, 2011

MALAYONG PAG-IBIG? PWEDE BA?

Or what we normally know as LONG DISTANCE RELATIONSHIP



In the industry that I am in (weddings) I meet a lot of couples who are in a Long Distance relationship ( LDR). You know, I admire them, really. How in the world can they maintain a genuine relationship amidst the thousands of miles that separate them ( they must be insane!) Below are some examples of the engaged couples I’ve come to know :
1.       The girl is working as a nurse in the US and the guy is working in teh Middle East ( they need to decide who will leave his/her work to migrate to the partner’s country after they get married)
2.       The couple got married and the girl stays here in the Philippines while the guy goes back abroad or vice versa ( we’ll they at least have a plan to be together, I think I’ve met 4 couples who are in this situation
3.       A brief introduction, dated and have to go back to their respective countries and committed to LDR
4.       Been together for 10 years or so but someone has to go abroad to earn moola for their wedding and their future
And the list goes on, different scenarios but same situation – Long Distance Love. That s why seeing them tying-the-knot and staying committed to each other sends shivers to my spine.

I remembered a friend once asked me “Do you see yourself in a LDR?” I firmly said NO. Even if I see fairytales that happened I am not a big fan of such. Why?
2. My second primary love language is Physical Touch
3.  What’s the sense if your partner can’t accompany you on important occasions, pig out in the best resto, watch the latest chick-flick movies, hold hands or rub your back when you cry? It even kills me if I will see other couples HHMPSSP ( Holding hands may pa sway-sway pa!)
4. Been to several local LDR and it did not work for me, there was even this relationship that seems to be an LDR but we are just a city apart (hahaha) and this will lead to my reason no. 5
5. Im a little bit paranoid with LDR (based from my experience)
6. I heart Philippines ( opening door to LDR would mean migrating to another country- let’s look at the futuristic bright side here OK?)
7. I JUST DONT WANT IT
And I tell you, I can enumerate more reasons why it won’t work for me. I bet a lot of you my friends would agree with me!

BUT what if, lemme imagine, one fateful day as I am walking on the road of life and bump into this AMAZING ( when I say amazing, REALLY REALLY AMAZING) human being. Someone you would even want to turn into a gremlin so he can reproduce more good amazing human beings. The sad thing is, it is yelling in front of me, loud and clear, that he freakin lives on the other side of the planet ( insert deafening SIGH here)

Would I change my mind?
Would I give it a fighting chance?
Would I succumb to the fact that it will take away my primary love language?
Would I give in to the once despised kind of relationship?
Would it even work for me or would this be another collision?
(now running around while whipping my hair back and forth – my act of gaga for thinking about the best possible answer if I am on that situation)

There is only one way to find out… DIVE IN!

Even if I am against LDR, If that human being is one great guy, I know I will give it a try because I will never ever find out. The WHAT Ifs will be haunting me and the REGRETS will drown me to death.
We always have a choice, I can choose to find something comfortable ( why do we have to make things complicated, ayt?) but just like any aspect of my life, I always fight a good fight even if time is of the essence  ( hehehe) it is still healthy to experience a new kind of thing. Love is always new.

An amazing guy once told me “Sometimes, things ( and I believe he was pertaining to magical, beautiful and godly things) happen and you can’t justify it. Sometimes you just know it” Well, if that’s the case I’ll make believe that LDR can unfold a magical tale.

Better use the mind but do not ignore the heart – guard it even for pain is inevitable.  Maybe if some of you had a bad experience with LDR, I empathize. Believe that a better love is on its way. If you are on a current LDR state, I wish you nothing but a love so true (filled with trust and faithfulness) and that one day you will be on each other’s arms forever( naks!- of course you don’t see your LDR to go on for 50 years right? That’s crazy man!)

Prove them wrong, love knows no distance. I don’t know the success rate of LDR but I think it takes two mature and understanding individuals to make it work. Couple it with prayer and the strong belief that you both will make it work. It always takes two to tango!

and sabi nga nila "Pag gusto may paraan, pag ayaw madaming dahilan" Classic! :P

Now, I have to go. I need to dive :)

pictures courtesy of google









7 comments:

Gracie G. said...

Pwedeng pwede. :) It just makes being together sweeter and more precious.

101 Things Before You Die said...

I was in a LDR before I got married the first time and I think it didn't work out because we didn't know how to live with one another. We're still friends but we were horrible roommates. After that I made the rule that I would live with someone before marrying them, which I did with my 2nd husband.

But by my nature I'm ok being along. My husband travels a lot and I'm fine with that; I like being along and having my own time and then when he returns, it's that much better! Actually, when he's around all the time, that's when we get on each other's nerves!

Rachael said...

I'm in an LDR and trying to organise a wedding in the other country so as you can imagine it has it's moments!

I'm the the UK and my guys in America so we have the joys of having a huge ocean between us and due to flying costs don't get to see each other that often. Before meeting him i'd of thought I was probably mad if I was ever going to try a relationship with so much difference, but then like you mentioned, I met a guy that was worth it.

I'm so glad we gave it a go and have totally managed to make it work for us. I know for some people they just wouldn't want to even try it but it's made us so strong.

I just can't wait for us to be together and never have to do those heart wrenching goodbyes.

che said...

i came from LDR for 3.6 years, Singapore and Dubai are miles away. we decided to give up the relationship. i failed and was weak. i am already used to be alone and decided to be single now until i found the right guy.

Blueberry Girl said...

@Gracie, yikeee!

@Jessica, wow what a perspective :) thanks for sharing my dear,me too Im OK to have my Alone moments for that is healthy too hahaha

@Rachael,auuwww that's the sweetest thing ever ^_^ I pray nothing but the best! ohwee can't wait for more updates on your blog!

Blueberry Girl said...

@che, im one in prayng for you ^_^ a happily ever after! *hugs*

AC said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...